COMING EVENTS:
 New Member?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bartylby
just got my forum ID

2 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  19:52:38  Show Profile  Visit bartylby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I am a possible new member, and I definately want to come and experience an event. I have read through the entire website and it looks really great! I am an older enthusiast in my mid 30's with shifter cart racing experience and years of sim racing but do not like to race the public roads. We all know what can happen there. I drive a slightly modded (for now) '05 Stone White SRT4 and would love to have a safe and controlled place to see how it can cut the twisties. Chin Motorsport looks like a fantastic way to accomplish this. How have you current members enjoyed CMS? How does it compare to other track groups? Can CMS really give you that much track time? Any comments about CMS and comments about your experiences would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing some of you at a meet soon.

Hi.

spider94r
just got my forum ID

2 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  20:16:11  Show Profile  Visit spider94r's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been doing Chin Motorsports events since around 1999, when they first started doing events at Sebring. It's always been a complete pleasure. They run the events very efficiently and safety is always a priority. After getting started with Chin Motorsports, I went on to get my SCCA license and have been racing Spec Miata on and off since 2001. It's a great way to get a taste for the sport and then you can get as serious about it as you want. I still do events with CMS whenever I need to knock off the cobwebs and get some extra practice in.

Kevin Morrison
Go to Top of Page

bartylby
just got my forum ID

2 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  20:46:35  Show Profile  Visit bartylby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the input. I have been a motorsport lover of almost all classes since I was a child, and CMS sounds great! It gives more safety conscience drivers a place to run hard without worrying about killing yourself or worse someone else. I too want to achieve my SCCA lisence in a showroom class and compete on a higher level, especially, now that I'm older and can afford it. I look forward to seeing you at a future CMS event.

Hi.
Go to Top of Page

The management
admin/chief tire changer

1012 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  23:24:15  Show Profile  Visit The management's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You may already be aware, but observers are welcomed at our events. We'll be at Sebring Sat/Sun this weekend. There is no admission charge to visit the track. You can register as a passenger ($20/day) and get hot-lap rides with advanced drivers.

some of our senior members would be very amused to know that someone in their 30's is an older enthusiast! CMS has some very experienced drivers in their 70's!

Drive Safely, The management
Go to Top of Page

davesnavy
intermediate solo poster

98 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  17:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first Chin event I attended at VIR was about my 4th HPDE event. You can be sure that no group that I'm aware of provides more track time. The open track format gives them the edge, but may also be somewhat intimidating for a new driver.

Regardless, I've never felt unsafe or uncomfortable at one of their events and I'm glad one of my early instructors recommended them.

Dave Taylor 03 MINI Cooper S
Go to Top of Page

JSDALYM3
just got my forum ID

4 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  19:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm attendingmy first event on 10/7. My wife and kids will be coming with me. Any advise on what they can do in Sebring while I'm on the track?

JSD 06 BMW M3
Go to Top of Page

WarmPepsi
Instructor poster

327 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  20:19:47  Show Profile  Visit WarmPepsi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JSDALYM3

I'm attendingmy first event on 10/7. My wife and kids will be coming with me. Any advise on what they can do in Sebring while I'm on the track?

JSD 06 BMW M3

take pictures! :D

05 Silver Evo MR
Go to Top of Page

mooddude
intermediate solo poster

106 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  19:31:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JSDALYM3

JSD 06 BMW M3

Welcome to the addiction!
As for your wife and kids - can you say pit crew?

#33 Nissan 350Z
Go to Top of Page

mnichols
novice poster

12 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  19:45:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am very new to Chin Motor Sports, and am looking forward to being an "observer" at the Sebring event. If I wanted to sign up for riding with an experienced driver for some hot laps, would I need to bring a helmet?
Go to Top of Page

The management
admin/chief tire changer

1012 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  21:38:55  Show Profile  Visit The management's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Getting a passenger ride with an advanced driver is a great way to get introduced to the hobby, and the legendary road course at Sebring. Helmets are definitely required. Rental helmets are available at the track.

Drive Safely, The management
Go to Top of Page

RedVette
just got my forum ID

1 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  21:40:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been hearing alot of good things about CHIN over the past year. I look forward to taking part in future events. See you at Watkins Glen.
Go to Top of Page

Sabin
provisional solo poster

41 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  18:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm new here to Chin and I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun with all of you on and off the track. I joined because this is the best chance I'll ever get to put my car out on a track where it is in a controlled and safe environment to be able to see what it can do. I don't want to ruin my hard work by wrecking it. I have a HEAVILY MODIFIED 95 Dodge Neon. Yeah, I know, not the best. But you do what you can with what you got. With a little bit of time and practice behind the wheel on the track. You just might catch me in your rear view.
Go to Top of Page

The management
admin/chief tire changer

1012 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  10:22:40  Show Profile  Visit The management's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Sabin... We look forward to seeing you and your Neon on the track. The Neon has been tracked widely over the years... from the early spec-Neon category in SCCA years ago, to late model heavily prepared SRT-4 Neons in World Challenge competition. When well driven, it is a very capable FWD track car.

Drive Well, The management
Go to Top of Page

Sabin
provisional solo poster

41 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2009 :  22:48:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have personally found that out on the street, but there's too much risk to take on the street...It will be a lot more fun on the track.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page