Track related...
 Helmets: track standards and info
 Brands for helmets: what's good?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

provisional solo poster

52 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  16:30:34  Show Profile  Visit Bone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok I've spent the last few day looking online and in a local shop for a good helmet, but it seems that a lot of places are trying to pass off knock offs as something good.

I seem to be finding a lot of HJC helmets (CL-15) that are around 120 or so that are snell 05 and seem pretty good. The have removable interiors so they can be washed out and all. The CL-SPs just have a nicer interior, which I'm leaning toward as that means it'll be more comfortable for a day of use (they run around 160)

What other brands do you guys like for around the 100-200 range? I'd like to stay in this range as anything mroe than that will start to hurt the pocket too much. Yes it's my brain I'm protecting but I can only afford so much.

I know I have to keep that SNELL (most are SNELL 05 at this point, haven't come across any 00 yet) aspect regardles but I don't want to end up getting a crappy brand that the interior will just fall out of in a year or so. That would just SUCK!

Let me know what you guys think and all.

What a Florida Forum was meant to be! Register to enter the Ride of the Month Competition.

The management
admin/chief tire changer

1012 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  18:05:45  Show Profile  Visit The management's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't overlook the vendors right here in the Chin Motorsports Forum... see the category under Member's Exchange. Several are helmet dealers.

Chin Motorsports uses ZAMP Helmets, see the link in the vendor category.

Drive Well, The management
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page