NCM Configurations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paver
novice poster

5 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2015 :  13:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would anybody else like to see configurations other than the Grand Full Course used?
I'm interested in the Grand Max Straight option...or maybe the Corvette Race Loop if the Sinkhole section could be added to it.

The management
admin/chief tire changer

1012 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2015 :  17:50:00  Show Profile  Visit The management's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chin leadership is definitely interested to hear what others say on this topic.... standing by...

Drive Well, The management
Go to Top of Page

TrackRat
just got my forum ID

1 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2015 :  22:42:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be open to a configuration other than the Grand Full. How about running different configurations on different days (ie. Grand Full on Saturday and Grand Max on Sunday).
Go to Top of Page

paver
novice poster

5 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2015 :  13:50:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Chin for letting us try the different config on Sunday. It made the lap a lot more enjoyable imo. I would still like to see the Grand Max Straight exactly as the layout is shown on NCM's website with the right-hander leading on to the front straight. Hopefully one day they will resolve any issues that prevent using that.
Go to Top of Page

The management
admin/chief tire changer

1012 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2015 :  18:38:21  Show Profile  Visit The management's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks for participating with us, we thought that was a successful event. We think we'll continue to do a different config each day on future NCM events. And, it is possible we can use the full length straight beginning at T17 in the future. Polling the paddock, we heard a 50/50 split on which lap was preferred... that's a good thing!

Go to Top of Page

agent
just got my forum ID

2 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2015 :  15:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any idea if multiple configurations will be used at the October event?
Go to Top of Page

The management
admin/chief tire changer

1012 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2015 :  12:26:28  Show Profile  Visit The management's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes sir, we will be running Day 1 without the sinkhole, the "Full" configuration, and then Day 2 will be ran WITH the sinkhole, the "Grand Full" configuration.

Go to Top of Page

agent
just got my forum ID

2 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2015 :  23:04:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to it, thanks!
Go to Top of Page

SouthernSon
just got my forum ID

1 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2015 :  09:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the addition of the sinkhole on the second day was worth while. Not only because some students take great delight in it but the 3 turns upon exit demonstrate the importance of strict adherence to the proper line to set them up correctly.

RhutRho!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page