The Chin Forum:
The Chin Forum:
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Track related...
 Track Talk
 Chumpcar team looking for experienced driver.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

just got my forum ID

2 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2014 :  01:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Team Jacky Ickx is looking for an experienced driver.
Although we just started to field a second car (#935), that second team is set. I'm looking for a driver for the "GT30" #66.
Jim who started this team with me 5 years ago has to take a break from racing. Over 25+ races, he rarely put a wheel wrong, posted consistent & competitive lap times, and was almost never black flagged. We are looking for a similar driver...
The car is a 94 Mitsubishi 3000GT, it has 3 victories, 3 second places, and 14 top10s! Because our team is competitive, we need a driver with enough experience to keep fighting for Top 10s & podiums.
Early on our team decided to share equally the cost of each race. We all wanted to start with new tires, new pads, and not cut corners to keep the car as reliable as we could. It fluctuates, but on average it costs each of us $800-$1,200 per race (during which we each average 2 stints of 2 hours, and it includes a ride to the track). Up to the team expansion to 2 cars, all 4 of us were working several weekends between races to maintain, and fix the car. But since Mike (a pro mechanic) joined us, he'll maintain both cars. So, even though I'm sure we'll still all want to meet once between races, and Mike and I can always use some help, working on the car is not mandatory,...unless you wreck the car!
In 2015, the team is planning to go to Road Atlanta Feb 7, Daytona in May, Sebring in Sep, AMP in Nov; and will seriously consider Charlotte in July, Barber in August, and Homestead in Dec.

novice poster

7 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2015 :  10:56:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you still looking for an additional driver? Where is the team located? I had a competition license from 1993 until 2010 with NASA and the SCCA. I ran Showroom stock C and then American Sedan and Iron. Are you looking for a driver who can fulfill the entire season you posted or will you accept a partial season (2-3 races)?

Just an FYI, I am, a retired automotive engineer that specialized in chassis dynamics and I can and have wrenched on every part of a car as well as fabrication.

Edited by - EricJ on 01/19/2015 11:51:26
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page