Ask The Management
 Brake fluid
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

just got my forum ID

2 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2014 :  12:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a new 2014 Audi S4 and I wanted to get your advice regarding brake fluid. Is it necessary to change the OEM brake fluid to a race brake fluid for an event? Also, the same question regarding the brake pad. Thanks!

The management
admin/chief tire changer

1012 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2014 :  14:11:03  Show Profile  Visit The management's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ahhh.... here's one of the great recurring questions for the track enthusiast. There are other factors affecting the choice:
What track do you intend to visit? Some tracks are more demanding on brakes than others.
Do you intend to do one-day or two-day track event?
Do you have any prior experience? An experienced driver will demand more from the brakes.
It's a reasonable assumption that a near new Audi will have excellent brakes to start with. If the driver is entry-level, then, the limitation on performance will be driver skill, not mechanical equipment. However, as the driver gains skill and confidence, the brakes will be the first thing requiring upgrades, in both fluid and pad compound (higher heat tolerance). By definition, a sedan body style is heavier than a sports car. So, it always requires more brake performance.

Drive Well, The management
Go to Top of Page

just got my forum ID

2 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2014 :  14:25:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and thanks for the quick response. Here are the answers to your questions

1. I will be attending the Feb 8th Homestead single day event.
2. I have some track experience but would consider myself a novice.
3. Yes the car is brand new with very few miles. All is in great working shape.

I suspect that I do not have to make changes judging from your guidance but a friend with track experience suggested otherwise... Thanks again and looking forward to it!

Edited by - Fgarcia5 on 01/27/2014 21:04:32
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page