Watkins Glen - Hotel Recommendations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HatTrickHokie
novice poster

5 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2013 :  14:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The May event will be my first time to Watkins Glen, and I was hoping for some hotel recommendations other than the ones listed: http://www.chinmotorsports.com/WatkinsGlen.aspx

I will be traveling with a buddy, so I do not need anything fancy. Two beds, cheap, and maybe a small fridge would be great. Bonus if itís near restaurants and/or the track.

Thanks,
Eric

#82 Corvette Coupe

The management
admin/chief tire changer

1012 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  09:14:10  Show Profile  Visit The management's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lodging closer to the track is available in the towns of Watkins Glen and Montour Falls. These properties are primarily small "mom-n-pop" 'motor inns', some are very old (in need of renovation)... There are no national brand hotels there. The extreme top-end is the "Harbor Hotel", luxurious, lakeside, expensive ($150+). The lodge that is physically closest to the track is the "Falls Motel" in Montour, about 10 minutes away. Last time we stayed there, rooms needed cleaning and maintenance (holes in carpet, 'crusty' bathrooms..) Another well-known choice is the "Seneca Lodge", which is from the 40s-50s, and is quite rustic with small rooms. At any of these locations, parking with a trailer is really questionable. Chin Motorsports recommends the Radisson in Corning because it is modern, clean, with a large parking lot. It's about 20 min from the track.

Drive Well, The management
Go to Top of Page

HatTrickHokie
novice poster

5 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  11:15:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help!

#82 Corvette Coupe
Go to Top of Page

registering
intermediate solo poster

109 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2013 :  20:45:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is where I usually stay, for what it's worth: http://www.thefallsmotel.com/

Josh
2007 Silver Miata
Go to Top of Page

HatTrickHokie
novice poster

5 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  17:12:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by registering

This is where I usually stay, for what it's worth: http://www.thefallsmotel.com/

Josh
2007 Silver Miata

Awesome, thanks for the help.

I'm tempted to go the rustic route, and try out the Seneca Lodge. I will be dropping off the trailer/car on Sunday, so parking shouldn't be an issue.

#82 Corvette Coupe
Go to Top of Page

cam@gate.net
just got my forum ID

2 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2015 :  21:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would recommend the Seneca Lodge. It's not fancy, inexpensive, close (5 min) to the track and the bar is where to be for any and every WGI event.

I live in Corning, 17 miles away and stay at the lodge 25 or 30 nights per season.

Why? I don't want to drive home after the, after the track activities. The state troopers are nasty.

I suggest you ask for one of their new rooms or cabins. I'll be at the event in May and at the Lodge.

www.SenecaLodge.com

Cam Dunlap
Corning, NY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page