CHIN members succeed in competition!
 Chin Member STARTS Racing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bills
novice poster

10 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  17:52:52  Show Profile  Visit bills's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To help encourage others like me who have been doing Chin track days and thinking about going racing ... you owe it to yourself to take the step. It is even more fun than I imagined.

Just finished SCCA drivers school and did my first race in Sebring the following weekend. Thank You to the Chin instructors (Joe Benoit, Bobby Dumont, Chi Ho) who have helped me.

Started a web page (www.osi50racing.com) to help encourage others to take the plunge.

Bill

www.osi50racing.com

bills
novice poster

10 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2013 :  11:39:55  Show Profile  Visit bills's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow is this fun! Finished my first two races (Sebring and Daytona), and have been signed off for my Regional license. Have been off pace (much of it due to driver skill, and some car), but there has been someone to race with each time.

Need to get back out for some Chin track days to work on driver skill (you get much more track time at Chin compared to a race weekend), and will be checking into fixing the car's horsepower deficit.

Have added several blog posts at the web site (www.osi50racing.com) with photos and in-car video.

Bill

www.osi50racing.com
Go to Top of Page

bills
novice poster

10 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  21:26:58  Show Profile  Visit bills's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Added a new blog post after a 14-hour ChumpCar race on Daytona Speedway. Yes, a 14 hour race on the "24 Hours of Daytona" course with 123 $500 cars.

http://osi50racing.com/daytona-14-hour-chumpcar-race-with-in-car-video/
Go to Top of Page

bills
novice poster

10 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2014 :  20:00:58  Show Profile  Visit bills's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I knew it was eventually going to happen - my first crash. Came into Turn 7 at Daytona, and slid into the tire wall. Things go from everything going great to impacting the wall in about 2 seconds. Added a blog post showing the damage, with in-car video to help show how quickly things can go bad.

http://osi50racing.com/new-personal-best-lap-and-my-crash-at-the-daytona-race-september-2014/

www.osi50racing.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page