NASCAR BOUGHT SEBRING. repave?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

S2000_777
provisional solo poster

31 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  19:41:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The most significant development in the history of sports car racing in North America was announced today, with plans for a landmark merger of GRAND-AM Road Racing and the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) unveiled at Daytona International Speedway.

Under terms of the merger, the following entities will combine with GRAND-AM: the American Le Mans Series; the International Motor Sports Association, which sanctions ALMS events; the Road Atlanta race track facility in Braselton, Ga.; the Chateau Elan Hotel and Conference Center in Sebring, Fla.; and Sebring International Raceway, via a reassignment of the lease agreement with the Sebring Airport Authority to operate the raceway.

registering
intermediate solo poster

109 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  21:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:( Very sad. As a long-time ALMS fan, ALMS has been going downhill for some time: moving to spec classes, no real prototype challenges any more, very pooor race coverage, and it looks like LMP1 is dead now, to be replaced by Grand-Ams DPs. I'm a fan of Grand-Am also, but they're diametrically opposed in their purpose ("low cost" racing / tube frame versus bleeding-edge). Oh well. I'm still bitter over Champ Car going away, so here goes another series! Maybe Can-Am will come back! :)

Josh
2007 Silver Miata
Go to Top of Page

drronh
novice poster

18 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  07:55:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look at the recently released Le Mans rules for 2014- the cars are narrower, they must have enclosed cockpits, the driver sits more upright, and must be able to take off their helmet in the cockpit. Sounds like a DP car to me. Can Am racing is coming back- hopefully the merger won't affect this ALMS series:

http://www.unlimitedracingchampionship.com/about.htm

Go to Top of Page

pdisme
Instructor poster

665 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  14:24:01  Show Profile  Visit pdisme's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe this means they'll replace the 1950's outhouses they call bathrooms now. Sebring banned me from their facebook page for asking about that lol.
Go to Top of Page

The management
admin/chief tire changer

1012 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2012 :  19:02:14  Show Profile  Visit The management's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FUNNY! B'rooms at SIR are better than Road Atlanta, where there are ACTUAL outhouses...!

Drive Well, The management
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page