Car care
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Resaca rattlesnake
novice poster

18 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  16:04:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone suggest the best way to remove the black stuff off the front of your car and hood that comes from tha cars tires in front of you?

Blue boss 302

provisional solo poster

31 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  21:32:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spray on some Plexus and wipe off with soft cloth
Go to Top of Page

intermediate solo poster

109 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  19:29:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just use elbow grease, or tape-up the front before getting on the track. A good coating of wax makes a big difference, too.

2007 Silver Miata Sport
Go to Top of Page

novice poster

18 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  08:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rubbing some wax over the black (rubber) mark takes it off without much elbow grease.
Go to Top of Page

The management
admin/chief tire changer

1012 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  13:48:00  Show Profile  Visit The management's Homepage  Reply with Quote
...also, any adhesive remover, like 'Goof Off'. apply the remover to your rag, then hold the rag over the rubber streaks, allowing time for the chemical to break down the rubber. Then, wipes right off. Downside - if you've waxed your finish, it also removes the wax with the rubber. Then, apply fresh wax.

Drive Well, The management
Go to Top of Page

Instructor poster

438 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2011 :  22:17:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned but this is what you want. No tricks, no gimicks. This stuff works!

I have been reading this on numerous car forums and it's a hot seller. My friend has used it on his M3 and said it just wiped off. He couldn't believe it. If anything he was aggrevated that he hadn't heard of this before. No more hurt thumbs, no more sore fingers, just spray and wipe!

Edited by - JeremyGSU on 12/26/2011 22:19:47
Go to Top of Page

Instructor poster

665 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  01:20:42  Show Profile  Visit pdisme's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Clear bra the car before putting it on the track, then Plexus cleans it up easily. I don't think I'd put Plexus on normal paint. I also wouldn't track a street car without a clearbra unless I didn't care about the paint; I've seen horribly pitted paint jobs after a day or two on the track.

Edited by - pdisme on 01/05/2012 01:22:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page