Chateau Elan Hotel: T7 or T17 Balcony?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smbstyle
novice poster

7 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  23:17:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which one is a better room with a better view? I didnt even know they had "Turn 17" balconies, I can't imagine theyre as close to the track as the Turn 7 balconies are. Anyone have any recommendations for staying in either?

2004 CTS-V

EricArmstrong
intermediate solo poster

93 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  08:19:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The T7 rooms are right on the track. Depending on which room, you overlook in the range of the braking zone to the old hairpin.

T17 rooms? That's a bit of BS, I think. You might be able on the fourth floor to see some of the exit of T17, but it is across the parking lot, across the street and then the track.
Go to Top of Page

The management
admin/chief tire changer

1012 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  09:50:09  Show Profile  Visit The management's Homepage  Reply with Quote
maybe Chateau Elan is referring to the space in their parking lot that is numbered "T17"?

T7 rooms have a north-facing view, right on the track (not good if you want to sleep past 8am!), about 100 ft away. The other rooms have a south-facing view, what Eric described. The track is about 1500 ft away...

Drive Well, The management
Go to Top of Page

smbstyle
novice poster

7 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  10:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah I'm definitely changing my reservation... she made it sound like I could throw a stone at the drivers going around 17.

Thanks!

2004 CTS-V
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page