The Chin Forum:
The Chin Forum:
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Track related...
 Car Preparation and equipment
 Brake Pads

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mikeyr932 Posted - 12/26/2014 : 22:33:08
I know there's a ton of brake pads out there. I'm having a hard time determining what is the best for my 2004 Mustang GT. I've used Hawk HP Plus before but have experienced some brake fad. New brake lines, DOT 4 fluid, Hawk performance rotors and stock calipers.

1.) Poterfield R4
2.) Carbotech XP8
2.) Hawk HP Plus
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EricJ Posted - 01/26/2015 : 12:27:26
I have a 2007 Mustang. I've tried EBC yellow pads on stock rotors. Poor pedal feel, very soft initial bite and bit of fade late in the session. Switched to Hawk Blue's on slotted rotors. Very nice initial bite, steady torque over the entire braking zone. NO fade at all. I could go in to the corner deep again and again and the brakes were all there. They are really noisey on the street and aggressive on the rotors. I swap back to street pads between events so the noise isn't an issue and I don't care about rotor wear. I've used Hawk products from HPS to HT-14's on various track cars. I like the products. Just pick the lowest temp style that will work on your car. Blues work on my Mustang but HPS pads work great on my much lighter Honda S2000.

Gatorac Posted - 01/02/2015 : 15:33:39
When I tracked my Mustang, I had good luck with Hawk HT10. I swapped those in before an event and went back to a stock pad after. You'll be hard pressed to find a pad that will work well on the street and track. Especially in a heavier/high horsepower car.

The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page