The Chin Forum:
The Chin Forum:
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Track related...
 Track Talk
 Question about Solo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Abe_Froman Posted - 05/08/2013 : 10:46:50
Looking for some clarification...

So let's say I have 5 track days at a track, and I'm trying to get solo rated. I end up getting solo rated at say, Sebring.

Now I go to Homestead. Do I have to do 5 track days at Homestead to get solo there? How does that work?

"Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in The Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people." - Ferris Bueller
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Abe_Froman Posted - 05/09/2013 : 14:18:46
Thank you, that clears it up.
The management Posted - 05/08/2013 : 20:57:39
In Chin Motorsports’ protocol, solo qualifications are track-specific. Since different tracks offer unique challenges and varying ‘degree of difficulty’, it’s appropriate to get specific coaching at each track. If a driver is visiting a new track for the first time, the appropriate classification is novice. Then, you get the benefit of having an expert instructor give coaching and provide a steep learning curve to get oriented and familiar with a new track. However, we are always interested in qualifying a driver for solo status as soon as they are comfortable doing so. As a driver acquires more and more days on track, it is natural to get comfortable and on pace sooner when visiting a new track. There is no 'mandatory minimum' number of days with an instructor. It's all about demonstrating clean, consistent, repeatable laps to get solo qualified.

Drive Well, The management

The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page