The Chin Forum:
The Chin Forum:
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Event related...
 COTA! Circuit of the Americas : FAQ
 Format description, Driver categories

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The management Posted - 05/01/2014 : 13:15:06
SCHEDULE FORMAT: The Chin Motorsports "TracQuest" format features only 3 run groups, described as follows:

GREEN GROUP: including
novice: A driver that is new to COTA, and/or fewer than 15 track days overall. Also, for drivers that would like ongoing driver development with an expert coach.
solo/yellow: This is the first solo category. Drivers with enough experience to have been solo qualified at other tracks, but have no experience at COTA. Approx 20+ days total track experience.
The GREEN group will include BOTH novice and solo/yellow drivers together. About 40 cars total.

BLUE GROUP:Intermediate solo I:
This is the category of drivers that are solo-qualified with abundant experience at numerous different tracks. Drivers with at least 25 to 50+ track days experience. about 40 cars total.

RED GROUP:Advanced solo:
The Chin Red group is the top classification of all non-competition track day formats. Years and Years on track, thousands of laps, experienced in multiple cars. Likely to be competition licensed. Typically at least 75+ total track days experience. An on-track check-out with a senior instructor is required for red-group check-out eligibility. about 40 cars total, including some instructors.

These three run groups will rotate on a 30 minute schedule rotation. The full track day has about 3+ hours time-on-track allocated to each group all day.
Online registration begins on Monday, June 15th, 10pm EDT

Drive Well, The management
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The management Posted - 08/04/2015 : 15:46:14
the final 60 minute open-track period will run from 4p-5p. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Drive Well, The management
sbarton Posted - 08/04/2015 : 12:33:44
What time does the Happy Hour Enduro start and end? Trying to plan flights back home on Sun. ;)

ProFormance Coaching - Performance Driving and Racing Coach
Like us on Facebook!
HPDE Novice Guide

The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page