The Chin Forum:
The Chin Forum:
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Track related...
 CHIN members succeed in competition!
 Not Quite 12 Hours of Sebring

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
justjim Posted - 09/21/2010 : 11:06:03
Off to compete in the "Not Quite 12 Hours of Sebring" on Saturday and the "IROC Southeast" (Indefensible Race of Chumpions) at Sebring on Sunday. Our ChumpCar is ready and the team is ready. Should be a blast. The race is on the SCCA short course about 2 miles. Hope the car stays in one piece and there are no pit stops other than refueling and driver changes. If we can do a repeat of South Carolina we will be in good shape.
[URL=http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/justjim13/?action=view¤t=racecarKershaw2.jpg][/URL]
[URL=http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/justjim13/?action=view¤t=racecarKershaw3.jpg][/URL]

Jim
Dark Blue Mazda RX-8
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
justjim Posted - 09/26/2010 : 22:15:40
We had an awesome weekend. We placed fifth in the 12 hour race at Sebring which is good considering we had vexing fuel problems with the fuel cell. Turns out the foam in the fuel cell does not like alcohol in the gas and it was coming apart and clogging our fuel filter. We had a couple of extra stops to try and blow out the filter. That and the endurance brake pads we used up front caused a mismatch in our brake bias and we kept flat spotting our right rear tire, and had to change the tire.

We removed the fuel cell foam on Sunday, cleaned the fuel filter one last time, and went back to sprint pads up front and we led most of the 4 hour IROC race and finished first
Jim
Dark Blue Mazda RX-8

The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page