The Chin Forum:
The Chin Forum:
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Track related...
 Helmets: track standards and info
 Need to upgrade your helmet?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The management Posted - 09/24/2006 : 12:33:44
Hi all, if you keep up with the SNELL ratings, you know that the SNELL 95 standard expired in 2005. Since Chin Motorsports is not a sanctioning body, we have continued to accept SNELL 95 helmets throughout 2006 as a 'grace period'. We'd like for all participants to be using a SNELL 00 (minimum) helmet by 2007. If you're using a SNELL 95 standard helmet currently, it is at least 7 years old ('95' ratings ended in 1999), so it's time to upgrade.

Since Chin Motorsports does not sanction competition, the M standard is accepted, in addition to the SA. If you intend to race in organized competition, only the SA standard is accepted. Note that a helmet with a "DOT" stamp DOES NOT meet minimum standards for track use.

Beginning with 2007 track events, we ask all participants to be using a helmet with a MINIMUM certification of SNELL 00.

Drive Safely, The management

The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page