The Chin Forum:
The Chin Forum:
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Track related...
 Helmets: track standards and info
 Lowest Profile Helmet

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
baldguyj Posted - 11/30/2010 : 12:07:49
Does anyone know what the lowest profile helmet is, Iím a 6í6Ē guy that just fits into his Z-4, and running at Barber I guess requires us to ride with the top up, which crunches the spine! Besides taking out my seat (itís my every day car as well) any other ideas?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The management Posted - 11/30/2010 : 17:05:14
removing the bottom seat cushion is a common solution for more head-room. Typically, the cushion can be carefully removed as one piece, and then it's possible to leave it in for street use, or remove it for track use. Usually, the naked seat bottom is shaped in an ergonomic way that it is comfortable to sit on even without a seat pad on it.

Drive Well, The management
registering Posted - 11/30/2010 : 14:48:08
I'm not too familiar with the Z4, but I think some model years had a big hump of sound deadening behind the seat you could remove, tilt the seat back more, and gain a little head room. I don't believe the Z4 has a removable seat cushion, but if it does you could try that. Some folks even perform a "foamectomy" (remove the actual foam from within the seat bottom), but that tends to lead to less than comfortable seats.

The Simpson "Air Inforcer Shark" advertises it's designed with a low profile specifically for tall drivers, but I haven't used one myself. You might run your question by one of the folks at Discovery Parts and see what they say: they've always been super helpful to me.

Josh
2007 Silver Miata Sport

The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page