The Chin Forum:
The Chin Forum:
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Event related...
 Ask The Management
 "Do the math!"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The management Posted - 10/20/2014 : 20:16:34
"Do the MATH!"

We're aware that some drivers may choose other track events that have a cheaper track fee. But, is cheaper really worth it? It's no secret that the entry fee for a Chin event is higher. Are you getting full value? We have seen other track events at VIR that have a $395 2-day track fee that provides for 4 hours scheduled track time, a $98/HR effective hourly cost. At a Chin Motorsports VIR event the 2-day track fee is $549, and the format provides 8 hours scheduled track time. That's an effective hourly cost of $69/HR! One can see that's 100% more track time for only 35% more $$$. A track enthusiast always has other significant expense in car preparation and travel/lodging/dining... if one is making the overall commitment to do a 2-day track event, doesn't it make sense to maximize your bang-for-the-buck/track time $$$? Chin FTW!

Drive Well, The management
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RBH Posted - 10/21/2014 : 15:11:54
quote:
Originally posted by The management

We're aware that some drivers may choose other track events that have a cheaper track fee. But, is cheaper really better? We have seen other track events at VIR that have a $395 2-day track fee that provides for 4 hours scheduled track time, a $98/HR effective hourly track fee. At a Chin Motorsports VIR event the 2-day track fee is $549, and the format provides 8 hours scheduled track time. That's an effective hourly track fee of $69/HR! A track enthusiast always has other significant expense in car preparation and travel/lodging/dining... if one is committing to a 2-day track event, doesn't it make sense to maximize your track fee dollars?

Drive Well, The management

I rather pay a bit more for an organized track event with Chin than pay less and have a chaotic driverís meeting, driving schedule, and have a packed track with so many cars that makes the event not enjoyable.

Do it once. Do it right.
http://www.17of30.com
S260 Final Edition

The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page