The Chin Forum:
The Chin Forum:
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Event related...
 Ask The Management
 Exomotive Exocet - getting it on track

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vjarnot Posted - 12/16/2014 : 15:58:58
Thinking about building an Exocet ( if you need more info). They offer a sport version with a rollbar and a race version with a rollcage - I've linked to an image of each below.

My question: Does the sport version meet Chin's requirements for getting on track (primarily interested in Road Atlanta and Barber, but wouldn't want to rule others out)?

I suppose, in some ways, it's a miata with a rollbar, but I don't want to presume and turn out to be wrong.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The management Posted - 12/17/2014 : 17:58:58
that's correct. Since there's no competition at Chin Motorsports events, a full cage is not required.

Drive Well, The management
vjarnot Posted - 12/16/2014 : 21:15:20
To be clear (as I don't think my original question managed to be), you don't require the full-caged Race version - the Sport version is acceptable as well?
The management Posted - 12/16/2014 : 19:18:07
we're familiar with the Exocet, and yes, it can be used at Chin Motorsports events IF the driver is already an experienced solo qualified driver. It is not suitable for novice drivers, which requires an instructor riding in the right seat.

The Exocet is in the category of an open-wheel car, like an Ariel Atom. Exocet may have Miata mechanicals, but, it is NOT like a Miata with a roll bar.

Drive Well, The management

The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page