The Chin Forum:
The Chin Forum:
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Event related...
 Ask The Management
 Tribute to David Thackery

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The management Posted - 01/03/2014 : 17:12:04
It is a great loss to Chin Motorsports, the larger track community in general, and to Mark and Maria and many others that knew him.... David Thackery is no longer with us. On December 11th, his heart failed in his hometown of Huntsville, Alabama.
David served in the US Army most of his life, which probably contributed to his strong sense of duty and follow-through. But, his passion was the track hobby. It may not be known actually how many total track days he did, David had stopped counting after several hundred.
He participated in his first Chin Motorsports event in 2004, at VIR, and was already instructor qualified at that point. Since then, he was part of more than 120 track days with Chin, always as one of our senior instructor team. David touched the lives of literally hundreds of track enthusiasts. 2004 was the year that I became the General Manager of Chin, so, I've never had a season that did not include David.
He had a signature gruff and no-nonsense manner that was endearing. And, he had a southern-gentlemen's flair for ladies... We all called him "Thackery", or just "Thack".

David, from myself and on behalf of hundreds that knew and loved you: Thanks, Thack... Drive Well.

photo credits: Colour Tech South, F&S Photo, David's Facebook page

Drive Well, The management

The Chin Forum: © Chin Motorsports, Inc 2006-2016 Go To Top Of Page